Amanda Amico of the Swan Street Diner and Amy’s Truck is sharing her favorite recipes to make at home. Check out her version of Beans & Greens below!
- 1 spanish or white onion (diced)
- 6 cloves of peeled garlic(diced)
- 8 oz sliced mushrooms
- 2 quarts of chicken stock
- 1lb ground chicken
- 1 bunch of kale (de-spined and roughly chopped)
- 1 can of cannellini beans
- 1/2 tsp ground thyme
- salt to taste
- In a pan, sauté the diced onion, diced garlic and sliced mushrooms until onion is translucent and mushrooms are soft.
- Add ground chicken and cook through.
- Add 2 quarts of chicken stock and bring to a boil.
- Add the thyme and salt to taste.
- Add chopped kale and beans.
- Simmer for approximately 20 min. Serve over your favorite pasta, rice or farro.